Route Delivery Driver
This job primarily consists of local vehicle operations involving positioning and moving trucks and trailers at the warehouse, on and between customer locations, loading and unloading.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate company owned and leased vehicles to facilitate shipping and receiving operations.
• Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of produce, products and materials.
• Perform required before and after operations vehicle inspections and provide required DOT reports.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickups.
• Maintain all required certifications as required by the DOT.
• Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
• Must be aware of and follow all DOT guidelines.
• Perform other task as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
• Ability to make deliveries or pickups as required.
• One or more years(s) experience driving commercial vehicles.
• Must be able to operate all MHE used by company.
• Ability to read English per DOT guidelines.
• Requires prolonged sitting and driving
• Must be able to work in severe weather conditions; extreme heat and cold
• Requires loading and unloading truck at customer’s location.
• Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.